Pied Piper bait station is designed to attract rats and exclude non-target species such as possums from accessing the bait.
- Can hold 700g of pindone and uses a grate system so that rats have to enter the station and feed. They cannot ‘cache’ bait – ie remove the bait and take it back to their nests where it is inaccessible to others.
- Can be tethered to secure them to the ground or to a tree.
- Have been designed with Pindone pellets in mind, but could be used for other toxins.
- Sell for $15 + gst
- More details on the bait station can be found here
Pindone rat toxin
- has a low risk of secondary poisoning effects.
- Is a ‘multi-feed’ toxin, ie rats need to repeatedly feed from the toxin over consecutive nights to get a lethal dose
- 1 rat would need to consume approximately 6 – 10 pellets over 4 – 5 nights
- Vitamin K can be used as antidote for non-target animals that consume pindone